Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bug Out Bag / Emergency Kit Planner

I took the suggestions you gave me yesterday [and some of my own] and compiled a "starter list" to help you think about what you might want to put into a bug-out bag.  I will pass out a list at the beginning of class.  What I want you to do today is to use Microsoft Word to compile a list of supplies you plan to put into an emergency backpack.  Obviously you can't get all of this into a kit, but you will have to plan accordingly depending on what is most important to you.

Obviously you can add things to your list that aren't on my list, but try to keep your items realistic and think about the weight of what you are carrying.  You don't know if you will be in a car, walking the road, or climbing over a mountain, so your job is to be the most prepared as possible for any circumstance.

Print your final list for me [which I will grade and return to you].  Your homework is to begin an Emergency Backpack with as many of your supplies as possible.

Tomorrow is the Senior Trip so we won't have a class project, but Portfolios are due next Wednesday.  Have them organized, up-to-date, and ready to begin your new life/school/career/senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment